Not A Full Deck
Top 10 Winners in the 'Not Playing With a
Full Deck' Contest...
2. Seems that a year ago, some Boeing employees on the airfield decided to steal a life raft from one of the 747s. They were successful in getting it out of the plane and home. When they took it for a float on the river, they were surprised by a Coast Guard helicopter coming towards them. It turned out that the chopper was homing in on the emergency locator that is activated when the raft is inflated. They are no longer employed there.
3. A true story out of San Francisco: A man,
wanting to rob a downtown Bank of America, walked into the branch
and wrote "this iz a stikkup. Put all your muny in this bag." While
standing in line, waiting to give his note to the teller, he began
to worry that someone had seen him write the note and might call the
police before he reached the teller window. So
4. A motorist was unknowingly caught in an automated speed trap that measured his speed using radar and photographed his car. He later received in the mail a ticket for $40 and a photo of his car. Instead of payment, he sent the police department a photograph of $40. Several days later, he received a letter from the police that contained another picture... of handcuffs.
5. A woman was reporting her car as stolen, and mentioned that there was a car phone in it. The policeman taking the report called the phone and told the guy that he had read the ad in the newspaper and wanted to buy the car. They arranged to meet, and the thief was arrested.
6. R.C. Gaitlan, 21, walked up to two patrol
officers who were showing their squad car computer equipment to
children in a Detroit neighborhood. When he asked how the system
worked, the officer asked him for identification. Gaitlan gave them
his drivers license, they entered it into the computer, and moments
later they arrested Gaitlan because information on the screen showed
Gaitlan was wanted for a two year old armed
7. Guy walked into a little corner store with
a shotgun and demanded all the cash from the cash drawer. After the
cashier put the cash in a bag, the robber saw a bottle of scotch
that he wanted behind the counter on the shelf. He told the cashier
to put it in the bag as well, but he refused and said, "Because I
don't believe you are over 21." The robber said he
8. A pair of Michigan robbers entered a record shop nervously waving revolvers. The first one shouted, "Nobody move!" When his partner moved, the startled first bandit shot him.
9. Arkansas: Seems this guy wanted some beer pretty badly. He decided that he'd just throw a cinder block through a liquor store window, grab some booze, and run. So he lifted the cinder block and heaved it over his head at the window. The cinder block bounced back and hit the would-be thief on the head, knocking him unconscious. Seems the liquor store window was made of Plexi-Glass. The whole event was caught on videotape.
10. Ann Arbor: The Ann Arbor News crime column reported that a man walked into a Burger King in Ypsilanti, Michigan at 12:50 am, flashed a gun and demanded cash. The clerk turned him down because he said he couldn't open the cash register without a food order. When the man ordered onion rings, the clerk said they weren't available for breakfast. The man, frustrated, walked away.